UPDATED: 13 APRIL 2021
- Sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners are highly recommended for use on your Chica Bonita hair extensions. Sulfate-free products maintain the natural oils on the scalp and hair, which ultimately leaves your hair with more moisture.
- Concentrate shampoo on own scalp rather than on extensions.
- Concentrate conditioner on extensions – mid-lengths to ends.
- You can heat style your human hair extensions just as you do with your natural hair, blow-dry, curl and straighten them, but keep in mind human hair extensions will damage just like your own hair. You should always use a heat protector spray before applying hot curling and straightening irons to hair extensions.
- Chica Bonita hair extensions can also be coloured just like human hair. We recommend only colouring the hair darker or the same colour. We recommend you do a strand test to make sure the hair reacts well to the colour you are applying.
- Applying intense moisture hydrating mask regularly, is a necessary part of maintaining your hair extensions.
- Apply argan oil to mid-lengths and ends regularly.
- Brush hair daily with a bristle extension brush.
- Dry hair with hairdryer on low-medium heat or let it dry naturally.
- Do not sleep with wet hair.
- While swimming with your hair extensions, it is recommended you tie your hair up and rinse straight after swimming.
- Wash your hair with shampoo only prior to tape application in order to avoid tapes not attaching correctly. Do not wash your hair for 24 hours following tape extension application.